Powell's Furniture and Mattress Terms and Conditions
- All sales are non-cancellable from date of invoice, this includes stock merchandise, special orders, and lay-a-ways. Buyers can
reselect within 24 hours of invoice date of an equal or higher amount.
- There will be a 30% restocking fee for any merchandise returned, re-delivery fees will apply.
- Any errors in arithmetic or pricing are subject to correction.
- All financed sales are subject to the following: Terms on the full balance will begin when any portion of the sale is delivered.
- Any refunds, if given for any reason such as manufacturer discontinued furniture, may take up to 14 days.
- If merchandise is not paid in full for any reason, buyer agrees to incur all attorney’s fees and collection costs. Buyer also agrees to
pay charges on checks for insufficient funds, stop payments, and credit card cancellations. Interest will accrue at 18% on unpaid
balance from date of invoice.
- A reasonable time limit of 4-12 weeks has been established as the industry standard for factory orders. Powell’s strives to do
business with vendors who can delivery within this time frame. However, seller cannot be responsible for delays or defaults in
delivery caused by acts of God, fires, labor and transportation difficulties, strikes, or any other causes beyond control of the seller.
Actual availability will not invalidate this order.
- Powell’s Furniture offers 6 month Lay-a-way with 10% down, payments MUST be made monthly. Customer is responsible to notify
Powell’s 8-12 weeks prior to accepting delivery to allow proper time for order placement.
- All applications for credit are based on approval by an outside source. Customer understands that they give Powell’s Furniture
permission to acquire financing approval between one or more sources.
DELIVERY & PICK-UP:
- Powell's Delivers to Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC, and the surrounding areas. We do not deliver or provide service outside our local area.
- It is the sole responsibility of the buyer to measure doorways, stairways, rooms, etc., for accurate fit. Seller cannot accept
responsibility for furniture purchases that will not fit your home.
- White Glove Delivery from Powell’s includes 1 year free in home service by a Powell’s factory certified technician. White Glove
Delivery includes unpacking from original carton, trash removal, hardware installation, and in-home set-up.
- Powell’s employees will not move or dispose of existing furniture.
- To avoid re-delivery charges please be home on the scheduled delivery date. Powell’s Delivery Department will contact you prior to
delivery with an estimated time frame window. Because of traffic, accidents, weather and other factors beyond our control, we
cannot promise a delivery hour. You must notify the delivery department a minimum 48 hours in advance for any changes delivery
date or address.
- If picking up your merchandise, Powell’s cannot be responsible for damages that occur beyond our loading docks. Please inspect
and secure your merchandise when picking up.
- Bedding is not returnable for any reason due to bedding health laws prohibiting bedding.
- All furniture is man-made and therefore, not always perfect. Damages resulting from delivery and factory defects must be reported
at time of delivery. Powell’s must assume that any damage reported after delivery is customer related and Powell’s is not
responsible for repairing or replacing. If damage is reported at time of delivery, Powell’s will promptly repair all damages in a
professional, workmanlike manner. Most damage is very minor and can be repaired by our technicians or corrected by ordering
replacement parts. Buyer agrees to have such merchandise repaired or replaced at the sole discretion of Powell’s Customer Service
Department. Merchandise purchased “As-Is” will not be serviced, exchanged or refunded.
- Unless otherwise stated by seller in writing, seller make no warranties beyond the written description of the merchandise on the
face hereof. This disclosure does not affect any manufacturer’s warranties. Warranties do not cover fabric or leather fading,
shrinkage, pilling, or damage caused by soiling or abuse. Because of dye lot variations, Powell’s cannot guarantee dye lot matches
unless products are purchased simultaneously. Fabric and leather swatch samples cannot be guaranteed to match final product.
Because leather is all natural, no two pieces will ever be 100% identical.
- Manufacturers warranties cover the product only and any labor costs involved after one year from date of delivery is not covered by
the warranty. It is the sole discretion of Powell’s to charge for labor costs on warranted products after one year from date of
delivery to buyer.
- Furniture that is picked up must be returned to the warehouse by the customer for any service. Furniture which has been delivered
or picked up by the customer and then moved from the original delivery address will not be serviced under any circumstances.
We have taken great care to provide you with information that is accurate and useful.
Please notify us if you find an error, and we will do our best to correct it. We ask that you contact us directly and visit our store to confirm
information about pricing, color, features, dimensions, availability and special order lead times.
Please confirm any important information before placing an order.
From time to time, data errors occur, and we want to make sure you purchase exactly what you want.
Contact us online or by phone: 540-786-5090